Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I was playing around with iPhoto and came up with some interesting variations on some of my photos. Here are a few of my favorites compared with the originals.

My camera does not pick up purple, red, and orange very well for some reason, so this original picture is pretty, but a little flat looking. I think the color modification makes the iris pop from the background more.

Original Iris Photo



Color Modified Iris Photo



I like both versions of this tulip photo. My favorite part of the photo is the center of the flower where the sun really lights up the petals which contrast with the dark stamens. Changing the photo to black and white really accentuates that.

Original Tulip Photo



Modified Tulip Photo



Again, I like both versions of this photo. The original has soft pretty colors, but the black and white looks more dramatic and highlights the cracked paint more.

Original Train Rust Photo



Modified Train Rust Photo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home