Monday, October 09, 2006

Here are some photos from my trip to Ithaca at the end of August...

This is Ludlow falls. A storm that came through before we arrived had knocked down some trees and sent them over the edge of the waterfall. The water running over them was slowly wearing away the bark. It would be neat to go back now and see if they're still there, and how much the water has changed them.


This is a picture of a Touch-Me-Not that was outside my Uncle's house. They have a neat seed pods the springs open when you touch it hence the name.




These are some bed springs that were leaning up against the barn that is by my Uncle's apartments. I thought this might make a neat quiliting design, but I'm not exactly sure how to translate it into a quilt. I just really like the almost concentric circles and x's. I could see it in really bright bold colors. Or maybe even a white background with brightly colored thread used to quilt it. Hmmm...the possiblities.

This is Don at Ithaca Falls. He looked so little next to the huge waterfall, and he was mostly in shadow since the waterfall was pretty bright. I thought this was a neat picture, that sort of shows the scale of the falls.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Cool! I definately want to see that. I know it has potential, I just haven't had time to think about it. =)

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home