Saturday, March 04, 2006

I've missed a couple days of posts because I've been busy working on the set for my advanced film shoot next weekend. I've had a lot of fun though, and it's really coming together. I'll be sure to post pictures later once everything's finished.
Now that's it's March, it's time to start Project Spectrum, which I signed up for a while ago. I signed up for this project because I love anything to do with colors. I wasn't sure what I was going to work on when I signed up, but after hearing a speaker on stash aquisition at the quilt guild meeting, I've made up my mind. She mentioned that most quilters have a lot of fabrics with medium values in their stash, but relatively few lights and darks. I realized, I'm definately one of those people, so I'm going to work on filling out some of my stash for project spectrum. I'm not just going to choose random fabrics, though. I started a quilt in a tumbling block pattern for my boyfriend Tim. I have five different colorways: green, blue, red/yellow/orange, purple, and pink, so my goal is to buy or find light, medium, and dark fabrics in these colors. To make things more interesting, I'm making it a charm quilt, meaning I won't use a fabric more than once. So I should end up with a quilt with 390 different fabrics in it when I'm done, and hopefully a more diverse fabric stash for future projects. I've also decided to hand piece all of the blocks as well as hand quilt them when the time comes. This is my first go at hand work and I'm really liking it so far. I have about 15 blocks finished, which I will photograph and post eventually. Each month, I'll try to make more blocks in the assigned color, and hopefully I'll be much closer to finished by the time project spectrum is over.
So with that said, here are three photos to make up for the last three days I've missed.

Appropriately PINK chrysanthamums...

A RED crab...

And last but not least, a RED hibiscus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home